Love Social (“LOVE SOCIAL”) Events
As part of Luminar’s commitment to offering quality entertainment to 13-17 year olds (14-17 in Romford and Colchester) in a safe and friendly environment we
take the following steps:
We will ensure that:
- Entry is in accordance with our Admission Policy and the age restrictions are strictly adhered to. Love Social Events
are only for people who are aged 13-17 years old (14-17 in Romford and Colchester). Any person wishing to gain entrance into a LOVE SOCIAL Event
may be asked to produce appropriate photo ID.
- Only soft drinks are on sale; no alcohol branding is displayed and no alcohol will be sold or dispensed at any LOVE SOCIAL Event.
- Smoking is prohibited at any LOVE SOCIAL Event.
- All gaming machines are switched off and/or covered for the duration of any LOVE SOCIAL Event.
- Prior to a LOVE SOCIAL event taking place, all clubs will inform the local Police of the dates that they will be operating a LOVE SOCIAL Event. At least two weeks’ notice in writing should be given.
- All Companies with which we contract to provide Door Security Services will only provide Door Supervisors who are
registered with the Security Industry Association (“SIA”) or equivalent body. In addition all such companies are
obliged to comply with our service level standards and codes of conduct.
- There will be appropriately qualified First Aiders at each Event and each club will have a designated First Aid area.
- All clubs will have the LOVE SOCIAL Admission Policy on display or available on request. We reserve the right to carry
out searches of customers attending these events. Searches will usually take place on the door and are primarily
undertaken to prevent alcohol, cigarettes, illegal substances and weapons being brought into the club. Any person(s)
that declines to be searched will be refused entry to any LOVE SOCIAL Event. Searches will be conducted in
accordance with an approved Searching Policy.
- Should we have to refuse entry to any person or ask an attendee to leave a LOVE SOCIAL Event for any reason, for
example inappropriate behavior, we will advise the General Manager who is also the Designated Child Protection
- We do not allow any customer over the age of 18 to attend LOVE SOCIAL events, although we are committed to
liaising openly with parents, guardians, carers and/or local authority. Only persons who are employed to work at or
supervise the Event will be present at the club, other than in exceptional circumstances.
- Love Social is an entertainment Event which is only for persons who are aged 13-17 years old (14-17 in Romford and Colchester).
- The Dress Policy at Love Social Events is cool, funky and fresh.
- Any customer wishing to gain entrance into a Love Social Event may be asked to produce appropriate photo ID.
- If the door stewards have any doubt regarding the legitimacy of the ID produced or the age of a customer they will refuse entry to that person and the ID will be confiscated and handed in to the Police.
- If the door stewards believe that a person wishing to enter the club may have used alcohol or an illegal substance they will
refuse entry to that person.
- Door stewards reserve the right to vet and search any person who wishes to attend a LOVE SOCIAL event.
- If the door stewards have cause to search any person at or wishing to gain entrance to, any Love Social Event and during such
search discover any cigarettes, alcohol, weapon or illegal substance these will be confiscated.
- LOVE SOCIAL events are extremely popular and as such we will refuse entry to customers who have failed to purchase tickets in advance when we reach maximum capacity. In order to avoid disappointment on the night, we would advise customers to
purchase tickets in advance of the event date.
- In all cases were a person is refused entry to or asked to leave a LOVE SOCIAL event, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any such person will be supervised by the staff at the club until their parents, guardians, carers and/or local authority are
telephoned and arrive to collect them.
LUMINAR’S MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION FOR ANY REASON AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
Child Protection Policy
We recognise that the welfare of young persons who attend our Love Social events is paramount and that we have a duty of
We will do everything we can to provide a caring environment in order for young people to be able to enjoy the entertainment
we offer and be safe at our events.
- Treat all young people with respect.
- The General Manager will be the designated person with child protection responsibilities at our events, also called the DCPO. They will make sure that staff who are working at the event are aware of their responsibilities in regard to our
customers and in particular that they are expected to share any concerns about the welfare of a child/young person
with the DCPO.
- Our Designated Child Protection Officer is responsible for:
- Arranging training for all staff;
- Monitoring and recording concerns;
- Making referrals to authorities in the case of any complaint without delay; and contacting the appropriate
authorities to express their concerns, in circumstances where a young person has refused to remain within
the safety of the club and it is thought that the young person is vulnerable because of drug / alcohol use or
LOVE SOCIAL events are non smoking and therefore no customer is allowed to bring cigarettes, matches or lighters with them
into our venues. We approach the issue of customers trying to bring cigarettes to LOVE SOCIAL events in the way set out
Our starting point is to remember that the law has recently changed to prevent those who are under 18 from buying and
smoking tobacco products.
It is integral to the success of LOVE SOCIAL events that we ensure that under 18’s can enjoy an event which is held in a safe
It is necessary to remember this because many of the people who actually buy the tickets will be parents and they need
confirmation and re-assurance that their children will be safe at our clubs.
In many areas we request and receive the support of the local headmasters/teachers to distribute flyers at their schools. This
support is more likely to be forthcoming if the LOVE SOCIAL events are cigarette free because the school is able to help
promote something which is both fun and healthy.
It is one of the unique selling points of LOVE SOCIAL that we provide a nightclub experience for under 18’s. These events must
be held without the sale or consumption of alcohol, cigarettes and illegal drugs taking place.
To ensure that LOVE SOCIAL events are free of cigarettes we operate the following policies:
- Cigarettes are not allowed at any of our clubs for LOVE SOCIAL events.
- When people buy a ticket they are agreeing to adhere to these terms and conditions of entry.
- If the customer tries to enter the club while in possession of cigarettes they can choose one of the following options,
- keep the cigarettes and be refused entry to the event, or
- dispose of the cigarettes and any associated items and be allowed entry to the event
- The choice is theirs, there is no question that we are confiscating them (as this could imply that we will return the cigarettes at the end of the evening - which we will not)
- If the customer has chosen to throw them away we will dispose of them.